Get the app today! Download iPhone App Download Android App

Almost 50% Of Spanish Parents See Ice Cream As An Acceptable Treat For Their Children

Published on Aug 11 2016 11:10 AM in A-Brands tagged: Ice Cream / HB / Frigo / Spanish Consumers / Consumer Behaviour

Almost 50% Of Spanish Parents See Ice Cream As An Acceptable Treat For Their Children

According to a study conducted by Frigo (HB) titled, "Habits in Ice Cream Consumption", almost half (49%) of Spanish parents offer ice cream to their children as an occasional snack. The percentage rises among young parents.

Regarding the type of ice cream preferred, dairy-based are the most popular, leading by 74%, while the remaining 26% prefers water based frozen treats.

Spanish parents are concerned with the nutritional facts of the ice cream, and 74% considers that ice cream is acceptable, as part of a balanced diet, as long as it adheres to nutritional standards.

In consideration of health, Frigo's ice cream range reflects awareness regarding child obesity and other nutrition-related concerns, and the company offers products that are under 110 calories with a maximum of 20 gr.of sugar per 100 gr.  and no more than 3 gr. of saturated fat per portion.

© 2016 European Supermarket Magazine – your source for the latest retail news. Article by Gabriela Guédez. To subscribe to ESM: The European Supermarket Magazine, click here.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+ Share on LinkedIn Share on Tumblr Share via Email