Get the app today! Download iPhone App Download Android App

Canned Drink Sales Up by 4.1% in Portugal and Spain

Published on Sep 7 2016 12:30 PM in Packaging And Design tagged: Trending Posts / Spain / Portugal / Canned Drinks

Canned Drink Sales Up by 4.1% in Portugal and Spain

The number of canned drinks sold in Portugal and Spain in 2015 exceeded 7.5 billion, an increase of 4.1 per cent on the previous year, with an average consumption of 130 cans per person/year.

The data was provided by the president of the Canned Drinks Association (ALB), Santiago Millet, to the Lusa news agency, pointing out that the number is very close to the historical peak reached in 2007.

After a slight drop recorded in 2012 and 2013 - when the number of canned drinks sold was below 7 billion - the market recovered in the last two years.

Although the association has not provided concrete data by country, it is estimated that Spain accounts for more than 85 per cent of consumption, while the remaining 15 per cent corresponds to Portugal.

In terms of product type, most cans contained soft drinks (4.27 billion) followed by beer (3.3 billion).

© 2016 European Supermarket Magazine – your source for the latest retail news. Article by Branislav Pekic. To subscribe to ESM: The European Supermarket Magazine, click here.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+ Share on LinkedIn Share on Tumblr Share via Email