Get the app today! Download iPhone App Download Android App

Mercadona's Hacendado Olive Oil Certified 100% Spanish Origin

Published on Sep 27 2016 11:45 AM in Fresh Produce tagged: Trending Posts / Mercadona / olive oil / Spanish Olive Oil

Mercadona's Hacendado Olive Oil Certified 100% Spanish Origin

A recent study by independent organisation Neoris has certified Mercadona's brand of olive oil, Hacendado, as 100% Spanish.

As reported by Levante-EMV.com, Neoris analysed both Valencia Sovena and Oleoestepa (Mercadona's inter-supplier and supplier, respectively), as well as a series of small producers and co-ops.

Its study confirmed that the totality of the olive oil purchased by the retailer between November 2014 and October 2015 is of Spanish origin.

According to the data found, the olive oil sourced comes from 176 different co-ops and 175 almazaras. The large majority of the oil comes from Andalucia (95%), and the remaining 5% comes from a combination of Aragon, Castilla La-Mancha, Catalonia, Comunidad Valenciana, Extremadura, Madrid, Murcia and Navarra.

© 2016 European Supermarket Magazine – your source for the latest retail news. Article by Gabriela Guédez. To subscribe to ESM: The European Supermarket Magazine, click here.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+ Share on LinkedIn Share on Tumblr Share via Email