Italy's La Doria, a leader in the canned food sector, will be participating in Anuga 2019, scheduled from 5 – 9 October in Cologne.
The La Doria team will showcase its products in Hall 7.1, Stand D013A.
A major supplier for mass-market retailers, La Doria specialises in the production of tomato-based products, pasta sauces, canned vegetables, fruit juices, and beverages.
It is a leading Italian producer of canned vegetables and tomato-based products (peeled and chopped tomatoes), the largest producer of pasta sauces under private labels, and the second-largest producer of fruit juices and beverages in Italy.
La Doria was first listed on the ordinary MTA segment of the Italian Stock Exchange in 1995, and subsequently listed on the Star segment, which requires compliance with specific transparency and corporate governance regulations.
A Leading Position Overseas
The company can boast leading positions in some demanding foreign markets, such as the UK, Australia, and Japan.
In the UK, it is a leading producer of tomato-based products and baked beans in the private-label segment.
Approximately 95% of La Doria’s sales are generated via private label, with clients such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Woolworths, Whole Foods, Sam’s Club, Morrisons, Waitrose, Asda, Lidl, and ICA.
In addition to private labels, the group sells products under the La Doria brand, which has been on the market for about 60 years, La Romanella (for value products), Althea, Bella Parma (for pasta sauces), and other major Italian and international leading brands (co-packing).
The Company’s Strengths
La Doria’s strengths can be summarised as follows:
- High-quality products, guaranteed by quality controls of raw materials;
- High industrial efficiency, allowing cost leadership, thanks to high technology of process, optimal utilisation of production capacity, and vertical integration;
- Large volumes, to satisfy retailers’ needs, in terms of quantity;
- A wide range of products;
- Segmentation of the private-label offer, to compete in different segments: value, own-brand, and premium;
- Innovation in product development, size, and packaging – very important in a mature market such as the canned food market;
- The continuous introduction of higher value-added and service products to meet market demands and to improve both trade and customer loyalty;
- A high level of flexibility through customised recipes, packaging and service; and
- Specialised know-how in the private-label market.
For more information, visit www.gruppoladoria.it.
© 2019 European Supermarket Magazine – your source for the latest retail news. Sponsored content. Click subscribe to sign up to ESM: European Supermarket Magazine.