Get the app today! Download iPhone App Download Android App

Carlsberg Acquires 28.5% Of Shares In Super Bock Group's Parent Company

Published on Dec 14 2018 11:00 AM in Drinks tagged: Trending Posts / Portugal / Carlsberg / Super Bock Group

Carlsberg Acquires 28.5% Of Shares In Super Bock Group's Parent Company

The Carlsberg Group has announced that it has acquired 28.5% shares in Viacer - the owner of the Super Bock Group in Portugal.

Following the transaction, Carlsberg has acquired a 60% direct and indirect ownership of the Super Bock Group.

Commenting on the deal, Carlsberg Group CEO, Cees ‘t Hart, said, “We are pleased that we have increased our indirect shareholding in Super Bock Group.

"It is a very strong business with a market leading position in Portugal, offering appealing long-term opportunities.”

A Market Leader

Viacer holds 56% of the shares in the Super Bock Group, while the remaining 44% of the shares are owned by Carlsberg.

Super Bock Group is one of the market leaders in Portugal, holding a 47% market share with a strong portfolio comprising brands like Super Bock, Carlsberg, and Somersby.

In November of this year, Carlsberg Group posted an organic revenue growth of 9.0% in Q3 of its financial year.

© 2018 European Supermarket Magazine – your source for the latest retail news. Article by Dayeeta Das. Click subscribe to sign up to ESM: The European Supermarket Magazine.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+ Share on LinkedIn Share on Tumblr Share via Email