Get the app today! Download iPhone App Download Android App

First Carrefour Market Opens In Ivory Coast

Published on Jul 4 2017 9:10 AM in Retail tagged: Carrefour / Africa / Ivory Coast / Carrefour Market

First Carrefour Market Opens In Ivory Coast

The first Carrefour Market store has begun operating in the Ivory Coast, following the opening of a hypermarket in the West African nation in 2015.

The new store is located in the PlaYce Palmeraie shopping centre. The 2,400 square-metre retail unit offers branded as well as private label goods, and features produce from around 200 local suppliers.

Strategic Partnership

This opening was conducted with Carrefour’s partner CFAO, which began in May 2013 and involves a joint-venture company - 55% of which is controlled by CFAO and the remaining 45% by Carrefour.

The company operates supermarkets and hypermarkets in PlaYce shopping centres in eight countries throughout the region (Cameroon, Republic of the Congo, Ivory Coast, Gabon, Ghana, Nigeria, Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Senegal).

© 2017 European Supermarket Magazine – your source for the latest retail news. Article by Peter Donnelly. Click subscribe to sign up to ESM: The European Supermarket Magazine.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+ Share on LinkedIn Share on Tumblr Share via Email