Get the app today! Download iPhone App Download Android App

Kesko's Acquisition Of Heinon Tukku Blocked By Market Court

Published on Feb 18 2020 9:00 AM in Retail tagged: Featured Post / Kesko / finland / Heinon Tukku / World News

Kesko's Acquisition Of Heinon Tukku Blocked By Market Court

Finland's Market Court has blocked the acquisition of the Heinon Tukku foodservice wholesale business by Kesko.

The retailer announced its intention to buy the wholesale business in May of last year, from the family-owned company Tukkuheino Oy and private individuals.

In a statement, the president of Kesko's grocery trade division, Ari Akseli, said that the group "had hoped for a different outcome" from the court.

"We will now review the Market Court decision and its statement of reasons and then decide if we wish to continue the process," he said. "The Market Court decision has not gained legal force yet."

According to Kesko, the development of its foodservice business is a 'central part of the strategy' for its grocery trade division.

© 2020 European Supermarket Magazine – your source for the latest retail news. Article by Stephen Wynne-Jones. Click subscribe to sign up to ESM: European Supermarket Magazine

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn Share via Email