Seafood Prix d'Elite Finalists Announced
This year's Seafood Prix d'Elite finalists have been revealed, ahead of an awards ceremony taking place on 21 April at the world's largest seafood trade event: Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global, in Brussels.
The Seafood Prix d'Elite is awarded to the most innovative seafood products entering the market each year.
Alongside the prize for best new retail product and best new foodservice product, five special awards will be presented for originality, convenience, health and nutrition, retail packaging and best seafood product line.
Now in its 23rd year, it's the largest gathering of international seafood professionals worldwide and one of the most influential trade events for the seafood community, with the previous edition attracting more than 25,840 buyers and sellers who exhibited their live, fresh, frozen and packaged seafood products.
Visitors from 150 countries represented a mix of industries including but not limited to importers, exporters, distributors, chefs, and buyers from large foodservice and retail establishments.
This year, 37 finalists were nominated from 11 different countries across the globe.
In 2014, there were 1,721 exhibiting companies from 77 countries displaying their seafood products, equipment and services. This year Hall 8 of Brussels Expo will also host exhibitors, which means that in terms of exhibition space, it will be the largest event in the history of the trade fair.
Liz Pligza, group vice president of Diversified Communications, said it's the only event in the world that provides professionals from the seafood industries with direct access to global buyers and suppliers.
The finalists for 2015 are as follows:
- Chilled Tuna Tataki from Anova Seafood – Netherlands
- Fresh Cooked North American Lobster with extended shelf life from Elafood USA – United States
- R.R. Spink & Sons Loch Etive Trout – Edinburgh Gin from Dawnfresh Seafoods – United Kingdom
- The Scandinavian Spicy Sprat Fillet from DGM SHIPPING – Estonia
- Dim Sum Shrimp Delight from Fisherman’s Choice – Netherlands
- Shrimp Wontinies from Fisherman’s Choice – Netherlands
- Frozen Raw King Crab Meat from FRESHPACK – France
- Tuna Spread and Kiri Cheese for Kids from Guyader Gastronomie – France
- Smoked Haddock & Salmon Melting Centre Fishcake from Joseph Robertson (Aberdeen) Limited – United Kingdom
- ZIGMAS Dried Salmon Fillet Strips from JSC ICECO – Lithuania
- Prins’ ‘Seas – Versatile Healthy Seafood Snacks – Cooked Mussels with Dried Tomato and Grilled Bell Pepper from Koninklijke Prins & Dingemanse – Netherlands
- Apéri'Dip au Saumon & Épices Douces, au Thon & Romarin from Marine Harvest – Belgium
- Duo Norvégien au Four from Marine Harvest – Belgium
- Dover Sole à la Meunière from Marine Harvest – Belgium
- Salmon Carpaccio Orient Express from Marine Harvest – Belgium
- Salmon Roulade – Cook-and-Chill from Marine Harvest – Belgium
- Raw Peeled Shrimps in Oil from MITI SAS – France
- Something Fishy from Rockabill Shellfish Limited – Ireland
- Lobster à la Minute from Roem van Yerseke B.V. – Netherlands
- Seafood Profiteroles from Salm Invest – Belgium
- Salmaraw from Salmon Brands – Norway
- St. James Smokehouse Scottish Smoked Salmon Trio from St. James Smokehouse, Ltd. – United Kingdom
- Big & Tasty King Prawn with Welsh Rarebit Cheese Topped Tartlet from The Big Prawn Co. Ltd. – United Kingdom
- Big & Tasty Roast Garlic and Cheese Topped Crayfish Tartlet from The Big Prawn Co. Ltd. – United Kingdom
- Big & Tasty Street Food Kachoris from The Big Prawn Co. Ltd. – United Kingdom
- Big & Tasty Street Food Crayfish Bhaji from The Big Prawn Co. Ltd. – United Kingdom
- Seafood Picnic Pie from The Big Prawn Co. Ltd. – United Kingdom
- 2 Crayfish Thermidor Bakes from The Big Prawn Co. Ltd. – United Kingdom
- 2 Prawn & Hot Smoked Salmon Cocktails from The Big Prawn Co. Ltd. – United Kingdom
- Banana Leaf Wrapped Fish Cakes from Trangs Group – Vietnam
- Beetroot Whitefish and Quinoa Fishcakes Encrusted with Quinoa from Trangs Group – Vietnam
- Pandan Wrapped Prawn Cakes from Trangs Group – Vietnam
- Stuffed Squid with Paella from Trangs Group – Vietnam
- Mexican Salmon Nachos with Dill Dip from Vichiunai Europe NV – Belgium
- Vici Fritters from Vichiunai Europe NV – Belgium
- Mussel Pâté - Piquant from Vilsund Blue A/S – Denmark
- Mussel Pâté - Naturel from Vilsund Blue A/S – Denmark
© 2015 European Supermarket Magazine – your source for the latest retail news. Story by Jenny Zilligen.