Subscribe Login
DE4CC0DE-5FC3-4494-BCBF-4D50B00366B5
Retail

Delhaize Belgium Expands Partnership With Decathlon

Delhaize Belgium has announced that it will offer the most popular products from Decathlon in all Delhaize supermarkets and participating Proxy and AD Delhaize stores across the country.

As part of the expansion, a range of 31 Decathlon products, including footballs, goals, badminton rackets, and petanque balls, will be offered in all Delhaize supermarkets and the participating stores by 21 July.

The collaboration with Delhaize will enable Decathlon to get more Belgians into sports, especially given that many people had fewer opportunities to practice sport during the pandemic.

Points And Vouchers

In addition, Delhaize’s SuperPlus cardholders will be able to exchange their saved SuperPlus points for Decathlon purchase vouchers.

Customers can exchange the saved points for a product, or a purchase voucher of €5 at Delhaize or bol.com in the case of 500 points.

The retailer has added Decathlon to this list, allowing customers to use this option to purchase Decathlon products.

Pilot Project

Last year, Delhaize and Decathlon laid the foundation of this partnership with a pilot project that saw select Decathlon products in some Delhaize supermarkets.

The campaign proved to be a success, and both parties decided to continue and expand this structural cooperation this summer.

Delhaize, which temporarily changed its name to 'Belhaize' in April to showcase its support for local producers, also recently announced a partnership with healthy food producer Foodmaker.

In April of this year, the retailer announced that all of its 763 stores in the country have achieved CO₂ neutralityIt achieved a 70% reduction in CO₂ emissions in all its stores in just over ten years and the remaining 30% was offset by starting up and supporting sustainable projects at home and abroad.

© 2021 European Supermarket Magazine. Article by Dayeeta Das. For more Retail news, click here. Click subscribe to sign up to ESM: European Supermarket Magazine.

Stay Connected With Our Weekly Newsletter

Processing your request...

Thanks! please check your email to confirm your subscription.

By signing up you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy
Enjoy unlimited digital access for 30 days
Get exclusive access to the latest grocery retail & FMCG news, interviews with industry leading executives, and expert analysis on the trends shaping the sector today
Enjoy unlimited digital access for 30 days
Enjoy unlimited digital access for 30 days
Get exclusive access to the latest grocery retail & FMCG news, interviews with industry leading executives, and expert analysis on the trends shaping the sector today
Enjoy unlimited digital access for 30 days