La Doria is a leading Italian company in the canned food sector and holds the top position in a number of foreign markets, where it is a major supplier for mass-market retailers.
La Doria specialises in the production of tomato-based products, pasta sauces, canned vegetables, fruit juices, and beverages.
It is a top producer of canned vegetables and tomato-based products (peeled and chopped tomatoes) in Europe, as well as the largest producer of pasta sauces under private labels.
The company is also one of the main producers of fruit juices and beverages in Italy.
A Leading Position Overseas
The company boasts of leading positions in some demanding foreign markets, such as the UK, Australia and Japan.
In the UK, it is a leading producer of tomato-based products and baked beans under private label brands.
Approximately 95% of La Doria’s sales are generated via private label products through long-standing partnerships with several retailers across the world.
In addition to private labels, the group sells products under the La Doria brand, which has been on the market for about 60 years, La Romanella (for value products), Althea, Bella Parma (for pasta sauces), and other major Italian and international leading brands (co-packing).
The Company’s Strengths
La Doria’s strengths can be summarised as follows:
- High-quality products, guaranteed by quality controls of raw materials
- High industrial efficiency, allowing cost leadership, thanks to high technology of process, optimal utilisation of production capacity, and vertical integration
- Large volumes, in order to satisfy retailers’ needs, in terms of quantity
- A wide range of products
- Segmentation of the private-label offer, to compete in different segments: value, own-brand and premium
- Innovation in product development, size and packaging – very important in a mature market such as the canned food market
- The continuous introduction of higher value-added and service products to meet market demands and to improve both trade and customer loyalty
- A high level of flexibility through customised recipes, packaging and service
- Specialised know-how in the private-label market
- Strong commitment to sustainability
For more information, visit www.gruppoladoria.it.
© 2020 European Supermarket Magazine – your source for the latest retail news. Sponsored content. Click subscribe to sign up to ESM: European Supermarket Magazine.