Seventh Edition Of 'Free-From' Food Expo To Be Held In Barcelona
Free From Functional Food & Health Ingredients (FFFFI) has announced that the seventh edition of its event will be held in Gran Via Fira in Barcelona from 28 to 29 May 2019.
FFFFI is Europe’s leading innovation platform for the free-from, organic, vegan, functional and ingredient food industries.
To reflect this dynamic and rapidly evolving market, this year, FFFFI will showcase a wide range of new features to meet the needs of its increasing number of high-calibre visitors.
An Ever-Growing Range
As of now, 'free from' encompasses an ever-growing range of dietary requirements and is a powerful performer within numerous retail categories.
These include snacking, ready meals and out-of-home, frozen foods, confectionery, and everyday grocery essentials.
All categories will be represented by pioneering international brands and a packed conference schedule.
A Uniting Force
FFFFI continues to be a uniting force, bringing together the world’s most eminent food and drink professionals.
The event will showcase the latest trend predictions and market analysis, while providing extensive networking opportunities for participants.
It will also witness the unveiling of the latest product innovations across five core categories:
Free-From: It will include gluten free, dairy-free, lactose-free, egg-free, sugar-free and meat-free products. The UK free-from market grew by 133% between 2013 and 2018.
Vegan: Meat substitutes grew by 451% in the European market in the four years to February 2018.
Natural/Organic: Expected to reach $323.09 billion globally by 2024.
Functional: Global estimated revenue of $69.73 billion in 2018.
Ingredients: Aligning retail and food technology to develop new free-from and functional products.
New Show Format
The new show format will present a range of opportunities to visitors to benefit from their time in Barcelona. These include:
- Doubling the Number of Conference Programmes to Four: It will comprise a packed schedule of keynote talks and seminars across free-from categories; vegan talks and twice-daily Pro-Veg/Vegan seminars; lactose- and dairy-free; and health ingredients.
- Meet the Expert: This part of the programme will arrange for tailor-made, one-to-one or roundtable networking meetings. The roundtables, which can be pre-booked, will accommodate five guests, hosted by a leading industry figure to discuss key topics and issues. FFFFI will introduce private-label specialists, analysts, and conference speakers directly to delegates.
- International Matchmaking: This section will allow visitors to find and meet commercial, strategic and technological partners with pre-selected B2B meetings organised by the EU Enterprise Europe Network.
- V-Label Area: Organised with new partners Pro-Veg International and Union Vegetarian España (UVE), it will showcase vegan-certified brands.
- New Country Pavilions: This segment will highlight free-from brands from around the world, including Finland, Korea, Canada, Ecuador and Poland.
Around 4,500 visitors, including international trade buyers, 350 producers, manufacturers, and key global industry figures, are expected to participate in the event.
Pre-registration for the event is now open, and visitors can connect with their peers through Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook ahead of the show.
To receive the latest updates and for more information, visit www.freefromfoodexpo.com.
© 2019 European Supermarket Magazine – your source for the latest retail news. Sponsored content. Click subscribe to sign up to ESM: European Supermarket Magazine.