Intermarché Collaborates With HMY On Store Renovation
Intermarché Castelsarrasin was seeking a change of image without losing its essence and local flavour, and it turned to fit-out specialists HMY Group.
The idea behind the renovation was to offer better consumer experiences by incorporating a modern and innovative concept, without losing its core characteristics.
The best way to achieve this was to give a greater identity to traditional spaces and local customs, by creating a style that would differentiate it from its competitors.
Enhancement Of Traditional Spaces
The fishmonger, bakery, eco zone, winery, delicatessen, and the checkout zone were the main sections in the outlet that received an image change, with each getting its own style, to set it apart from other sections.
- In the fishmonger section, ironwork elements and special signage were introduced to divide the space and place the main focus on authenticity.
- In the bakery, the biggest challenge was combining the cold furniture with the workshop. It required the furniture to be accurately distributed to overcome various architectural and technical difficulties.
- The eco zone acquired its own identity, thanks to the use of wood and plant elements, which provided the required ‘natural touch’ in this section.
- The winery and the delicatessen area needed a strong image that would establish them as specialists within the store.
- The checkout area was transformed into a true reflection of the store’s spirit by using stained-glass and wrought-iron elements.
The net result of all these enhancements was an increase in sales, which also meant that the store’s competitors were forced to adapt their businesses.
In addition, the association that the store developed with HMY has continued, long after the store’s reopening.
The Value Of HMY
Long-standing experience in the food sector and developing solutions that adapt to the needs of each project, made HMY the ideal partner to assist Intermarché Castelsarrasin in undertaking its image makeover.
HMY has a deep knowledge of consumers in the food category, which enabled it to assist Intermarché in making strategic decisions.
It also advised the retailer on market trends and consumption habits in the sector, to get better results.
If you want to know more about the project that HMY has developed for Intermarché Castelsarrasin, please click here to read the case study.
Alternatively, if you have a project and want to find out more about HMY’s services, visit www.hmy-group.com.
© 2019 European Supermarket Magazine – your source for the latest retail news. Sponsored content. Click subscribe to sign up to ESM: European Supermarket Magazine.