Get the app today! Download iPhone App Download Android App

Zamora Completes Acquisition Of Villa Massa Limoncello

Published on Nov 8 2017 8:20 AM in Drinks tagged: Villa Massa / Limoncello / Zamora Company

Zamora Completes Acquisition Of Villa Massa Limoncello

Spanish drinks-maker Zamora Company has completed its acquisition of the entire capital of Italy's Villa Massa limoncello.

Since 2006, Zamora Company has held a 51% stake in Sorrento-based Villa Massa, while the remaining 49% remained in the hands of brothers Stefano and Sergio Massa.

The news of the takeover was announced in a joint statement by the two companies, adding that this is Zamora Company’s first investment outside of Spain.

"The acquisition responds to the commitment made with the Massa family, to invest in the traditional brand values while maintaining its identity and authenticity," said Emilio Restoy, CEO of Zamora Company.

Company Portfolio

The Massa family has produced this limoncello since 1890, and it is now marketed in more than 50 countries.

The company’s portfolio includes other traditional liqueurs from the Sorrento Coast, such as orange, tangerine and nut liqueurs, as well as limoncello cream.

For its part, Zamora is a 100% family-owned company that produces and markets high-value and premium liqueurs and wines. With a presence in more than 80 countries, Zamora Company is estimated to achieve revenue of €160 million in 2017.

© 2017 European Supermarket Magazine – your source for the latest retail news. Article by Branislav Pekic. Click subscribe to sign up to ESM: The European Supermarket Magazine.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+ Share on LinkedIn Share on Tumblr Share via Email