Sligro Food Group Sees Decline In Food Retail Sales

By Publications Checkout
Share this article
Sligro Food Group Sees Decline In Food Retail Sales

The Sligro Food Group, based in The Netherlands, has recorded a revenue of €2,813 million for 2016, representing an increase of 5.4% compared to the same (52-week) period in 2015.

In addition, the group recorded an overall organic growth of 2.3%, with the strongest organic growth (3%) occurring in the last quarter of the year.

Although the group saw a sales growth of 8.6% and organic growth of 3.3% for its Food Service division in the past year, it experienced an overall decline in sales in the Food Retail division of 1.7%, and a 5% decline in the fourth quarter of the year.

Sligro-owned supermarket chain EMTÉ’s like-for-like sales also declined, by 1.6% over the entire year, with a 0.1% decline over the fourth quarter.

© 2017 European Supermarket Magazine – your source for the latest retail news. Article by Martha Sparrius. To subscribe to ESM: The European Supermarket Magazine, click here.

Get the week's top grocery retail news

The most important stories from European grocery retail direct to your inbox every Thursday

Processing your request...

Thanks! please check your email to confirm your subscription.

By signing up you are agreeing to our terms & conditions and privacy policy. You can unsubscribe at any time.