PepsiCo Reveals Brands Joining 'Nutrition Greenhouse' Programme
PepsiCo has announced that eight nutrition, health and wellness brands will join its first collaborative incubator programme in Europe.
The PepsiCo 'Nutrition Greenhouse' programme offers each of the participating companies a €25,000 grant and six months partnering with PepsiCo experts to accelerate the growth of their business. They will also receive an additional €100,000 at the end of the programme.
The companies joining the programme are;
- Divingmar (Malaga, Spain) Flavour-enhancing proteins rich in amino acids made from kombu, a variety of edible seaweed.
- Erbology (London, UK) Organic wholefoods made from plants. Ingredients include Jerusalem artichoke, sea buckthorn, and amaranth. Erbology works in partnership with independent farmers.
- Fit Kitchen (London, UK) High-protein, fibre-rich microwavable ready prepared meals designed by nutritionists to deliver meal options that are low in carbohydrates and under 300 calories.
- Frecious (Geneva, Switzerland) Ready-to-eat, sustainably made and conveniently packed fruit and vegetable products to accompany bread or crackers, use in salads, or as a fresh condiment for grains, eggs, fish, and meats.
- Jimini's (Montreuil, France) Nutrition packed snacks made from edible insects that are farmed in Europe to ensure quality and traceability as well as reduced environmental impact.
- Nature On Tap Ltd (London, UK) Tapped Birch Water made from the liquid inside birch trees. Tapping into centuries-old Nordic traditions, this product is full of nutrients, minerals and a natural source of the antioxidant manganese.
- No Fairytales (Amsterdam, Netherlands) Tortilla wraps with a difference – made from carrots and beets. Containing 45% vegetables and high source of fibre with fewer calories.
- Your Superfoods (Berlin, Germany) Superfood mixes that add a nutritious boost to smoothies, juices, yogurt, muesli and snacks. Packed with the most powerful, nutrient-dense whole foods from around the world for more energy, immunity, antioxidants and protein.
The programme was launched in March 2017 and focuses on nutrition food and beverage products aimed at European consumers with sales of €2 million or less. Companies selected are chosen for their product and brand qualities, focus on consumer health, scalable business model and uniqueness in the market.
Juan Ignacio Amat, vice president of nutrition for PepsiCo western Europe and sub-Saharan Africa and leader of the programme, said, “PepsiCo has constantly adapted with an eye towards the future. We’ve anticipated major shifts in the consumer landscape and business environment and have retooled to ensure we are positioned for sustainable growth".
“We were an early mover in the health and wellness space 20 years ago and we keep learning every day. Our Nutrition Greenhouse programme will create a collaborative space with eight companies that also have an eye towards the future of the food and beverage industry."
"We can’t wait to harness our shared enthusiasm and drive to deliver accelerated, sustainable growth for convenient, nutritious products. I’m confident it will be a rewarding experience for everyone involved.”
© 2017 European Supermarket Magazine – your source for the latest retail news. Article by Aidan O’Sullivan. Click subscribe to sign up to ESM: The European Supermarket Magazine.