La Doria: Quality And Tradition From The Heart Of Italy
La Doria is a leading Italian company in the canned food sector and holds the top position in several foreign markets, where it is a major supplier for mass-market retailers.
La Doria is a top producer of canned vegetables and tomato-based products (peeled and chopped tomatoes) in Europe, as well as the largest producer of pasta sauces under private labels.
The company is also one of the main producers of fruit juices and beverages in Italy.
A Leading Position Overseas
The company boasts leading positions in some demanding foreign markets, such as the UK, Australia and Japan.
In the UK, it is a leading producer of tomato-based products and baked beans under private label brands.
Approximately 95% of La Doria’s sales are generated via private label products through longstanding partnerships with several retailers across the world.
The group also sells products under the La Doria brand, La Romanella (for value products), Althea, Bella Parma (for pasta sauces), and other major Italian and international leading brands (co-packing).
The Company’s Strengths
La Doria’s strengths can be summarised as follows:
- High-quality products at competitive prices
- High industrial efficiency ensuring a highly competitive cost base
- Large volumes in order to satisfy retailers’ needs in terms of quantity
- A wide range of products
- Segmentation of the private label offer to value, own brand, and premium products
- Innovation of products, size and packaging
- The continuous introduction of higher value-added and service products to meet market demands
- Customised recipes, packaging and service
- Specialised know-how in the private label market
- Strong commitment to sustainability
For more information, visit www.gruppoladoria.it.
© 2020 European Supermarket Magazine – your source for the latest retail news. Sponsored content. Click subscribe to sign up to ESM: European Supermarket Magazine.