June is nearly here and with it comes Organic Food Iberia, Spain’s highly anticipated new international trade show for organic food and drink.
Taking place at IFEMA Feria de Madrid on 6 - 7 June, thousands of trade buyers and retailers have already registered to attend Organic Food Iberia.
The compelling line-up that awaits visitors to Organic Food Iberia and Eco Living Iberia include more than 60 speakers appearing in four show theatres – Organic Talks, Wine Talks, Eco Living Talks, and La Cocina 'Alimentos de España', sponsored by Spain’s Ministry of Agriculture.
Additionally, 500 exhibiting companies will promote the best organic ingredients, fresh produce, charcuterie, seafood, snacks, oils, dairy, bakery products, beer, wines, teas, and juices, and much more.
The full conference line-up, including session details and timings, has now been announced and is available to view at www.organicfoodiberia.com/organic-theatre.
Speakers and Panellists:
- Alia Atitar de la Fuente, European Commission – DG Agriculture and rural development
- Álvaro Barrera, president of ECOVALIA
- Luis Bayón Serrano, technical director of the Committee of Ecological Agriculture of the Community of Madrid
- Alfonso Biel Borraz, president of ASOBIOCOM – The Spanish Association of Compostable Biodegradable Plastics
- Pernille Bungaard, international market director at Organic Denmark
- Pancho Campo, CEO of Chrand Marketing & Events
- Mario Cañizal, executive VP of Barcelona’s Sustainable Restaurant Association
- Ángel Cano, director of communication at Climate Reality Spain
- Raúl Cortés Santos, Department of Agriculture, Food and Rural Action in Andalusia (Spain)
- Eduardo Cuoco, director of IFOAM EU
- Pablo de la Rica, manager of Retail Knowledge at AECOC (Association of manufacturers & distributors in Spain)
- Esperanza de Marcos, Ministry of Agriculture – Rural Development and Fisheries (Spain)
- Roberto del Río, head of marketing and communication at AESECO & editor of Ecosectores magazine
- Juan Diego Sandoval, president of Madrid’s Sustainable Restaurant Association & head of Coque
- Arantxa Eslava, director of Bioqualis
- Jaime Ferreira, president of AGROBIO – Portuguese Association of Organic Agriculture
- Luis García de la Navarra, owner and sommelier of Vinoteca Garcia de la Navarra
- Paco Garcia Caridad, media director at UD Las Palmas
- Pilar García Granero, coordinator of the Master in Sommelier Studies and Enomarketing at the Basque Culinary Center
- Salvador Garibay, Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL)
- Sergio Gil, owner of the Taberna y Cafetín Group, president of the Sustainable Restaurant Association in Spain & VP of Madrid’s Sustainable Restaurant Association
- Javier Gila, president of the Madrid Association of sommeliers
- Federico Giner, manager of AESECO (Association of Ecological Entrepreneurs and Supermarkets)
- Martin Goldman, consultant & executive chef at Compass Group (Spain)
- Jose Miguel Gonzalez, head of the ecological production area at Ministry of Agriculture – Rural Development and Fisheries (Spain)
- David Ingemar Hedin, senior analyst at Euromonitor International
- Pedro Larumbe, chef-owner of Larumbe Restaurant
- Gonçalo de Freitas Leal, director-general for agriculture and rural development at Portugal’s Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Rural Development
- Julia Lernoud, Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL)
- Aurora Lobato, CIAO Inter-American Commission on Organic Agriculture
- Alberto López, manager at Economato Macabeo & spokesperson for AESECO (Association of Ecological Entrepreneurs and Supermarkets)
- Jim Manson, editor-in-chief of NaturalProductsGlobal.com
- César Martín, CEO & founder of Casa Elena
- Isidre Martinez, Department of Agriculture, Food and Rural Action (Catalonia)
- Federica Marzioni, manager at the Sustainable Restaurant Association in Spain
- Javier Maté, sub director general – differentiated quality and organic agriculture at the Spanish Ministry of Agriculture
- Lou Mateos, director of AQDV vegan cooking school
- Sara Muñoz, CEO of Biográn
- Kurt Nulens, president of Life Style by AQDV
- Esther Pinuaga, president of Spanish Organic Wines Association-SOW & owner of Bodegas Pinuaga
- María Dolores Raigón Jiménez, VP of SEAE (The Spanish Society of Ecological Agriculture)
- Oriol Reull Domínguez, country manager at Too Good To Go in Spain
- Diego Roig, CEO of EcoLogical.bio
- Raúl Roncero, co-owner of Changó
- Raquel Herzog Ruiz de la Alegría, director of Carrefour Bio in Spain
- Jose Sen, BDM at K&Co Sustainable
- Charo Val Hernández, chef
- Onésimo Valenciano, winemaker, sommelier & co-owner of Changó
- Pablo Viñas, chef
- Lucía Zamora, co-owner of Deluz y Compañía
A new speaker Q&A series is available to view here. For Spanish, click here.
'Strong Conference Line-Up'
Project director, Susana Andrés Omella, commented, "We are thrilled to be able to offer such a strong conference line-up for our first event. Organic Food Iberia and Eco Living Iberia will provide an exciting opportunity for our visitors to engage with, and gain valuable advice from, some of the most influential individuals within the natural and organic sectors."
"Plus, of course, they’ll also find all the inspiring new products and essential new business connections that they need to give them a competitive edge. It really is one most important organic event to attend in 2019, and we’re looking forward to a very busy and productive two days," Omella added.
The launch edition, co-organised by Diversified Communications and IFEMA, will feature pavilions from Andalusia, Valencia, Catalonia, Murcia, Intereco, Ecovalia, Portugal Foods, Galicia, Madrid, La Rioja, Euskadi (The Basque Country), Castile and León, Extremadura, and Spanish Organic Wines Association-SOW.
For more information and to register for a free trade ticket, please visit www.organicfoodiberia.com or www.ecolivingiberia.com and quote the priority code OFI29
For direct link, click here.
© 2019 European Supermarket Magazine – your source for the latest retail news. Sponsored content. Click subscribe to sign up to ESM: European Supermarket Magazine.