The ECR Community Shrinkage & OSA Group have announced details of a series of six virtual discussion sessions, taking place at the end of June.
The 60-minute sessions are aimed at aimed at retail and consumer goods professionals involved in store operations, loss prevention, checkout management, product management and customer experience.
Each will feature research presentations from retail executives and academics, followed by a facilitated group discussion on the points raised therein.
The seminars will take place on Wednesday 24 and Thursday 25 June, and feature the following topics:
- Expiry Date Visibility – 24 June, 11am GMT, hosted by Asst Prof Karel Van Donselaar, Eindhoven University of technology (TU/e)
- The True Cost of Food Waste – 24 June, 1pm GMT, hosted by Prof Lisa Jack, University of Portsmouth and Ben Dingley, Tesco
- Optimising Fresh Markdowns – 24 June, 3pm GMT, hosted by Ian Smith, Waitrose
- Food Waste and Plastic Reduction – 25 June, 11am GMT, hosted by Dr Lilly de Gamma, United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- Production Planning – 25 June, 3pm GMT, hosted by Sam McPherson, Asda
- Contracts & Food Waste Prevention – 25 June, 4.15pm GMT, hosted by Allu Rakesh, doctoral student at Cornell University
For more information on the agenda, or to register for one or more of the sessions, click here.
© 2020 European Supermarket Magazine – your source for the latest retail news. Article by Stephen Wynne-Jones. Click subscribe to sign up to ESM: The European Supermarket Magazine.