M&S, Sainsbury's, Iceland Among Winners At IGD Awards 2017
Leading UK retailers, including Marks & Spencer and Sainsbury's, took home top prizes at the annual IGD Awards 2017, which was held last night in London.
For over 25 years, grocery research organisation IGD has recognised the achievements of the food and grocery industry.
This year saw M&S win retailer of the year, while Iceland.co.uk took home the prize for online retailer of the year. FMCG brands such as Colgate-Palmolive, The Wrigley Company and Danone were also winners on the night.
"These are hotly contested awards and this year the bar was set as high as ever," said Joanne Denney-Finch, chief executive of IGD. "Yet again we received a very large number of entries, which is testament to the innovative, high-quality work taking place across our industry."
“We’re living through challenging times, yet our industry never fails to impress in its determination to continue surprising and delighting shoppers," she added.
The majority of awards were selected by judges from across the food and grocery supply chain, with the exception of three categories, which were voted for by consumers.
2017 IGD Award Winners
- The IGD Business Transformation Award, sponsored by KPMG - The Co-op
- The IGD Consumer Insight Excellence Award - dunnhumby, GSK and Tesco
- The IGD Shopper Activation Excellence Award, sponsored by Savvy - The Wrigley Company
- The IGD Supply Chain Collaboration Award - Colgate-Palmolive
- The IGD Supply Chain Innovation Award - Morrisons
- The IGD Innovative Store of the Year Award, sponsored by McCurrach - Centra Parnell Street (Dublin)
- The IGD Small Business Award, sponsored by Co-op Food - FUEL 10K
- The IGD Digital Engagement Award, sponsored by E Fundamentals - Spoon Guru
- The IGD Food-to-Go Operator of the Year Award, sponsored by Coca-Cola European Partners -Subway
- The IGD Online Retailer of the Year Award, sponsored by Alpro - Iceland.co.uk
- The IGD Retailer of the Year Award - Marks & Spencer
- The IGD Employability Award, sponsored by 2 Sisters Food Group - Diageo
- The IGD Employee Wellbeing Award, sponsored by Danone - ABP UK
- The IGD Leading Edge Award, sponsored by Premier Foods - Susan Connolly from SPAR
- The IGD John Sainsbury Learning & Development Award, sponsored by Sainsbury’s - CHEP
- The IGD Health & Wellness Award - Danone
- The IGD Sustainable Futures Award - Toast Ale
- The Grocer Cup - Malcom Walker, Founder and Executive Chairman of Iceland Foods
- The IGD Lifetime Achievement Award - Judith Batchelar, Director of Sainsbury’s Brands at Sainsbury’s
- The IGD President's Cup - Sainsbury’s
© 2017 European Supermarket Magazine – your source for the latest retail news. Article by Sarah Harford. Click subscribe to sign up to ESM: The European Supermarket Magazine.