Five Reasons To Be In It To Win It At IGD Awards
For the last 28 years, the IGD Awards have recognised the outstanding achievements of the global food and grocery industry.
This year is no exception, with 21 awards to be contested in the areas of business excellence, people development, sustainability, and individual success. This year’s awards ceremony will be held on 7 November at Tobacco Docks, straight after IGD’s new flagship two-day event, IGD Live.
The IGD Awards are free to enter and open to all companies, whether large or small, or food or non-food operators.
ESM: European Supermarket Magazine is sponsoring one of the most highly coveted awards at the event: Store of the Year.
Five Reasons To Get Involved In The IGD Awards
1. Celebrate success, reward your team, and boost morale.
2. Get your business in front of the biggest names in food and grocery.
3. Raise your profile and gain industry-wide recognition through awards branding and media coverage.
4. Showcase your collaborative approach with customers and suppliers.
5. Recognise hot new talent in your business.
This year's categories include:
- The IGD Business Transformation Award, sponsored by KPMG
- The IGD Digital Commerce Award
- The IGD E-commerce Packaging Excellence Award (new category for 2019)
- The IGD Shopper Activation Excellence Award, sponsored by Savvy
- The IGD Shopper Insight Award
- The IGD Small Business Award, sponsored by the Co-op
- The IGD Supply Chain Excellence Award, sponsored by Newton
- The IGD McNicol Award for Entrepreneurship, sponsored by McCurrach (new category for 2019)
- The IGD Leading Light Award
- The IGD Employer of the Year Award
- The IGD John Sainsbury’s Learning and Development Award, sponsored by Sainsbury’s
- The IGD Health and Wellness Award
- The IGD Sustainable Futures Award, sponsored by Pladis
- The IGD Small Store of the Year Award
- The IGD Store of the Year Award, sponsored by ESM
- The IGD Food-to-Go Operator of the Year Award, sponsored by Coca-Cola European Partners
- The IGD Online Retailer of the Year Award
- The IGD Retailer of the Year Award
- The Grocer Cup, sponsored by The Grocer
- The IGD President's Cup
- The IGD Lifetime Achievement Award
Entries are now open and close on 31 May. Find out more about the IGD Awards at www.igd.com/awards.
© 2019 European Supermarket Magazine – your source for the latest retail news. Article by Stephen Wynne-Jones. Click subscribe to sign up to ESM: European Supermarket Magazine.