Subscribe Login
DE4CC0DE-5FC3-4494-BCBF-4D50B00366B5
Technology

Portugal's GoodAfter Sees 250% Jump In Sales Growth Due To Pandemic

Portuguese online discounter GoodAfter has seen a 250% growth in sales in the Iberian Peninsula since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, a report in the online publication noticiasaominuto.com has revealed

The figures have been provided to the Lusa news agency by Chantal Camps de Gispert, one of the founders of GoodAfter, the report said.

GoodAfter offers products that are close to or have crossed their best before dates 'with full guarantee of food safety'.

The company offers discounts of up to 70% discounts on the average price.

Since its launch in 2016, GoodAfter has sold more than 225 tonnes of products with Portugal accounting for 70% of the total sales and Spain for the remaining 30%, the report added.

Pandemic-Driven Sales Growth

According to Camps de Gispert, during the pandemic consumer demand skyrocketed, with GoodAfter "completely under pressure, with thousands of orders". 

He added that the pressure continues, partly due to the economic crisis, with GoodAfter offering an attractive proposition for its more than 7,000 customers due to quality, the fight against waste and pricing.

Product Range And Suppliers

GoodAfter's suppliers include product manufacturers, distributors, supermarkets and small grocery stores. 

Most of the merchandise offered by the company is purchased in Portugal, but it also sources from suppliers in Spain, France, Italy and the Netherlands, the report said.

Products sold on GoodAfter range from food items, such as canned goods and preserves, to non-food products such as shampoos, conditioners or cleaning products. 

The platform cooperates with many brands like Renova, Jerónimo Martins, Reckitt, Henkel, Cerealis, Nicola, Condi and Nobre.

The Service

The company offers free shipping on orders worth €49 or more. For orders below this amount, customers pay €3.95 in Portugal and €4.95 in Spain. 

The purchases are delivered in 1-2 working days in continental Portugal and 2-3 working days in Spain.

GoodAfter's operations are approved by the Food and Economic Security Authority (ASAE) and the Directorate-General for Food and Veterinary Affairs (DGAV), the report added.

© 2020 European Supermarket Magazine – your source for the latest retail news. Article by Branislav Pekic. Click subscribe to sign up to ESM: The European Supermarket Magazine.

Stay Connected With Our Weekly Newsletter

Processing your request...

Thanks! please check your email to confirm your subscription.

By signing up you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy
Enjoy unlimited digital access for 30 days
Get exclusive access to the latest grocery retail & FMCG news, interviews with industry leading executives, and expert analysis on the trends shaping the sector today
Enjoy unlimited digital access for 30 days
Enjoy unlimited digital access for 30 days
Get exclusive access to the latest grocery retail & FMCG news, interviews with industry leading executives, and expert analysis on the trends shaping the sector today
Enjoy unlimited digital access for 30 days