Molson Coors, Kerry Foods Among Winners At Annual IGD Awards In London
Molson Coors, Kerry Foods, Greencore, The Co-Operative, Mondelez and Unilever were among the winners at the annual IGD Awards, which took place in London this week.
The annual event welcomed some 500 leading figures from across the world of food and grocery and were hosted by journalist and broadcaster Fiona Bruce.
Commenting at the awards, IGD chief executive Joanne Denney-Finch said that consumers are “living through times of great change, yet the resilience and determination of our world-class industry to turn this change into opportunity never fails to impress. Whatever the circumstances, food and grocery companies continue to surprise and delight shoppers with fresh ideas and great service.
“I am always impressed by the variety and quality of the submissions we receive and the bar has been set just as high this year. I would like to congratulate all those who entered.”
- Molson Coors won the IGD Supply Chain Collaboration Award
- Greencore and The Co-operative won the IGD Food-To-Go Operator of the Year Award, sponsored by Coca-Cola European Partners
- Hubbub won the IGD Supply Chain Innovation Award
- Kerry Foods won the IGD Shopper Activation Excellence Award, sponsored by Savvy
- Molson Coors won the IGD Consumer Insight Excellence Award, sponsored by General Mills
- Kiddylicious won the IGD Outstanding Small Business Award
- Karro Food Group won the IGD Business Transformation Award, sponsored by KPMG
- Mondelez won the IGD Digital Engagement Award
- Unilever won the IGD Ecommerce Award
- 24 from Compass won the IGD Innovative Store of the Year Award, sponsored by McCurrach
- Timo Boldt from Gousto won the IGD Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award, sponsored by The Co-operative
- Bel won the IGD Employee Wellbeing Award, sponsored by Danone
- Kristopher Gibbon-Walsh from FareShare won the IGD Leading Edge Award, sponsored by Premier Foods
- Marshfield Bakery won the IGD Employability Award, sponsored by Mars
- The Co-operative won the IGD John Sainsbury Learning & Development Award, sponsored by Sainsbury’s
- Tesco won the IGD Sustainable Future Award, sponsored by Unilever
- MH Foods won the IGD Health & Wellness Award, sponsored by Nestlé
- Steve Murrells from The Co-operative won The Grocer Cup
- Gillian Barker from GroceryAid won the IGD Lifetime Achievement Award
- Premier Foods won the IGD President’s Cup
© 2016 European Supermarket Magazine – your source for the latest retail news. Article by Stephen Wynne-Jones. To subscribe to ESM: The European Supermarket Magazine, click here.